
The Sunday before Christmas is always a special one. Our church has a wonderful music service where you can always feel the spirit. I especially enjoy it because I get to hear my friend, Maren, play the flute. I LOVE to hear her play.
A few years ago she went to a women's homeless shelter with me & my Mary Kay girlfriends. The women I went with all gave pampering treatments to the residents while Christmas stories were read & Maren played the flute. It was so special, & the spirit was so strong. We took gifts & treats & just had a beautiful time. Afterwards, a few of the little children staying there came out onto the porch as we were leaving & yelled, "We love you." It was all Maren & I could do to not cry. There are so many things we can do with our friends, but that is one that I will always cherish.
Last Christmas, Barry & Maren went with Lonnie & I for his first trip to the Temple to do family work. It was a magical memory for me because I have wanted to go to the Temple with Lonnie for a LONG time. To go with Barry & Maren made it all the more special. The gift of friendship is one of the very best at Christmas. Your friends are the gifts that Heavenly Father gives you. He knows who will understand you & all your trials & tribulations. He knows who will still love you after they know everything about you. Thanks Lord. I love my friends, & I know I have some of the very best.

2 comments:
While I am grateful AND appreciative of the more-than-kind words, I feel as if I am the one who should be thanking the Lord for the friends I have! I am so grateful for the things and times we share. I know we share a lot of tears, both happy and sad, and I'm just grateful they are with you!
Ditto. Love friends.
Actually I'm Lucy
Post a Comment