
No matter how crazy those teenagers get, when they go away it's still soooooooo sad. Angelia left for the Philippines early this morning. Brent took her & some of the other students this morning to the airport. Leah & I stayed up till all hours of the night packing so she could sleep for the 15 hour flight. She wanted to be exhausted so she could sleep on the plane. I know I'm exhausted & I'm sad. Well, maybe more worried than sad. I'm excited for her, but worry about all the things any decent mom would worry about when their 17-year-old daughter goes to a third world country!! Bill Bartholomew (Brent's dad) gave her a blessing last night. I am so grateful for that. Her flight has already been cancelled & completely changed. She's flying from Baltimore to New York to Hong Kong & then to Manila. I'm going to be a mess till she gets there. A mother's heart is so heavy.

6 comments:
Aw, try not to worry. She will be fine! Just think about the amazing experience she will have there!
I second what Angie said. I know it's different to NOT be the mom and NOT to worry, but all the same, just make sure your excitement for her adventures is equal and exceeds the worry at times! Wow, did that make sense?
Paalam Angelia!!!
Lori,
Lia will have an awesome experience in the Phillipines. Brendan Grandparents served 2 missions there, a proseliting and then in the manilla temple presidency. All we ever hear is how wonderful the people and culture are. They are such a humble nation where wonderful things happen everday. GO LIA! have fun sharingin this experience with her, Jessica
don't worry im still here josh
I'm sorry I'm a worrier, with two deployments, I know worry!! But just wait until Sunday when I have to give a talk on "Live with Faith, not Fear". I'm a real pro on that one!! (can you sense the sarcasm?)
I would be worried too, Lori! Dale and I were a mess when Kassie flew to Texas without us! Her girlfriend's mother flew here to pick her up and even flew Kassie back home, but still, we worried!
Post a Comment