Sunday, November 2, 2008

my husband

As I'm cleaning up the kitchen after dinner, Kirsten is making all these little trips in and out of the room. She is taking nail files, markers, and candies into the living room. I realize she is giving Lonnie a beauty treatment. She feels like a million dollars because she has his complete attention. She loves every minute of it (and so does he). The delight in her face brings tears into my eyes. I am just so emotional lately.

This brings back such sweet remembrances of Lonnie & Angelia. She used to do the same thing. He would sit there patiently as she entertained them both with markers and lipsticks. I even had a pic of it at one time. Boy, would I LOVE to get my hands on that one now. No, my husband is not a cross dresser. :) He really does love his daughters, but just has the hardest time showing it. He knows girls love to play in all that "stuff" (& he loves the attention - the big sap!) Anyway, the whole thing was just way cute!

I managed to grab this picture. Lonnie said, "You're not blogging this are you?" What me????? I can't imagine.

3 comments:

Gwenda said...

LOVE IT!! I used to do my Dad's hair, but mostly I dressed up my OLDER brothers, did their hair and makeup!

shell8170 said...

hahahaha that's awesome Lori! I love that Lonnie let her do that :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Too cute!