This is Sam (the maid of honor) & Leah EARLY in the morning at EFY from last summer. The best part of that church camp was Leah finding her best friend. I LOVE Sam! Thinking about Sam makes me think about the shower. She does not live local so couldn't do as much with the shower as I'm sure she would have liked, but the shower preparations are on their way. Even though it will be a while till the shower there is still so much to do. (please don't blog about the date if you know it :) ) Maren came up with a fabulous menu. My sister is having a yummy cake made. The maid of honor is doing the games & the bridesmaids are going to decorate. My mom & I are making the coolest favors ever! I have also recruited help to prepare all the food. I have more shopping to do yet for paper products & such, but for the most part I'm feeling good about it.My biggest quandary at this point is over the wedding invitations. I don't remember to be perfectly honest how many invitations we ordered. It seemed like plenty. Leah did the math on figuring out the correct number plus some extra but after we actually received the invitations it s-l-o-w-l-y became apparent that we did not have enough. She came up with her list based on how many she was allowed to have at the banquet room which did limit her unfortunately. I feel like everyone local was taken care of but the problem is that I would have loved to send invitations to those who do not live locally. I know they may not have been able to come but I would have wanted them to know of Leah's special day or they already know & are probably wondering why they DIDN'T receive one. I'm feeling much guilt about this now. So here is my etiquette question for the day.........do I go ahead & order more invitations knowing they will be getting them too late to respond. I DON'T want people to think I'm sending them so that they can send a gift. Do I not send anything at all? WHAT do I do????? I am a freak about hurting people's feelings. HATE IT. Hate the possibility of it even!! HELP!!!

5 comments:
I don't KNOW the proper etiquette. I know I would feel left out if I didn't get an invite. Plus, most people do send gifts, even if they can't make it. I don't know that i would order more invitations though. Isn't there some other way you can make invitations? Know anyone who does stampin up or something? What about close family or friends...can you explain to them about the shortage and not give them one so you can get invites to those who live far away?
Lori,
you make me laugh about not wanting to hurt people's feelings! You are always thinking of others. I do want to send lia a gift I just don't know what she needs or if I should just send a gift card and they can get something they need after they get everything else(do i make any sense!) let me know...also I need an address. Give her my best wishes. one last thing where do you want the gift card for lia?
Hmmm. This is a toughie Lori!! Why do you have to be so danged sensitive all the time...SHEESH!! (heehee...TOTALLY kidding!)
No really...here are my thoughts:
First of all, if Leah paid for the invites herself, then I'm sure money was/is tight. In her mind, it would have made sense not to send invites to people far away that SHE was "sure" wasn't coming, or close family that she knew was coming.
I guess in a perfect world, it would be considered "right" to send an invite to everybody, but this world AIN'T perfect and she had to do what she could.
In that case, just enjoy the final preparations with your daughter. At this point, this is small stuff and DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!
By the way, I have seen when someone in my family (out west...with all the cousins) where close family just didn't get an invite because they "are just supposed to know they are invited". I've seen the ethics split behind your well-expressed quandary (I love that word). So you're fine. Leave it alone and deal with the bigger issues (Geez, I sure hope you don't have any real BIG issues!).
- Dr. Maren (see her debut season premiere this fall on NBC right after Dr. Phil)
I am with Maren, don't sweat it! I would love to come and support Leah on her big day, but can't, so don't use a stamp on me! :-)
What? Shower favors? I didn't get one!!
Post a Comment