Monday, September 29, 2008

Beware of promptings & other "stuff"

Ok, so I'm driving down the road busy with my own thoughts. Kirsten & Aaron are amazingly quiet in the back seat of the car. We all have nasty colds/virus whatever. This thought comes to me, "My kids were never pukers. They just rarely ever puke. Thank God." Ok, that's a little random I thought. What a weird thought to just fly into my head. A few miles later another thought comes. "We've had Kirsten & Aaron almost a year. They've never puked either. They must not be pukers. Oh what a relief." Again, I think to myself how bizarre these random thoughts are that just keep popping into my head. Note to self: next time these thoughts occur: STOP THE CAR & HAND OUT BAGS!!!!!!!!!! Within just minutes of these "puking thoughts" Aaron pukes all over the place. Oh my.

Well, that was last Thursday, & I figured I'd get a break from grossness for a while. Ha!! Here was today:
  1. 6:45 a.m. : I wake up to the sound of my dog peeing in my bedroom.
  2. 3:30 p.m.: Aaron comes homes from school with someone else's clothes on & his own bag of poopy underwear. Uh... thanks.
  3. 3:45 p.m : As the kids caseworker is here, Josh yells, "Mom, something stinks. Tessa threw up in your office."
  4. 8:00 p.m. : I'm out in the garage when I hear my dear husband calling me, "Honey, I need your help." He looks like he is covered in BLOOD. He says, "I'm cut." Well, he is such a prankster & is REALLY covered in this red stuff. It looks like someone shot him in the chest. "That's NOT blood," I said. Guess what friends? It was RED CANDLE WAX that he had an accident with all over himself & my cream colored living room carpet. (No, he's not burnt. I guess I should say that.)
Everyone & everything is clean now except for the living room carpet. Anyone know how to get rid of candle wax from your carpet? Will tomorrow be better????

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Heavens girl!!! When is your next vacation to Florida?!?!

Seriously, THAT is a bad day. I would have just cried. I'm sure you did. Or not...but I would have.

As for the candle wax, I have NO idea!!

Angie said...

here are some ideas I found for that melted wax... http://www.ehow.com/tips_2587.html
Hope your day gets better tomorrow!

wende said...

when it rains it poors! tomorrow is usually better, but no guarantees! we carry a couple of emergency ziploc bags in the car with us just incase someone feels sick. they're WAY better than a bowl because they fit in the glove compartment and if someone does throw up, you just zip it and chuck it, the end. better luck next time.

shell8170 said...

ehhh that's awful! I'd say it couldn't get worse but we know how that goes! Hope you all feel better...we're fighting the cold/virus thing here too :(

Angie said...

Hey, I don't know how you got erased fro my blog list, but I added you back on. Maybe I subconsciously did it in revenge for not being invited to Angelia and Brents wedding ;-)

Gwenda said...

Hey, I have days like that! However, candle wax on the carpet is a new one! What a mess!