Friday, August 8, 2008

Beach day #2 - Fun with friends














Sunday, July 20: You know, not enough can be said about having friends. We've all heard the saying about how you can have many friends, but you're really lucky if you have many best friends in your life. This trek to the beach this year has really been one of my favorites because of our friends, The Milams.

I've been spoiled by having my parents come every year for the last few years. If & when the day comes they are not with us I will be in a bundle of tears. The most treasured of memories are being built with them. The beach vacation will never be the same without my parents.
This year though a new element of fun was had when the Milams vacationed at Ocean City too. Watching all of our children playing together (and so well!) was heart warming to me. Josh truly had the time of his life playing with his friends. The weather was WONDERFUL all week. I couldn't believe it. This was our first day on the beach with the Milams though. The water was rough again this year, but not as bad as last year. Josh spent most of his time running around in the water & doing his thing in the sand.








































Aaron just bops about with anyone and everyone, & Kirsten made a new friend, Madalyn, Maren's niece. They seemed to get along so well & at the end of the vacation they hugged each other goodbye. It was so sweet.































One of my favorite parts of the days on the beach was just listening to Lonnie & Barry count all the children on the beach playing all throughout the day. They would say to each other, "Ok, there's 1, 2, 3....., 4, 5...., 6, uh where's 7? Ok there's 7 & there's 8." This was just funny to listen to. I knew Lonnie was having a good time with Barry, & Maren & I ALWAYS have a good time chatting & laughing.









My husband won some major brownie points this year at the beach. He never stays as long on the beach as Josh & I do, & about midway through he's ready to head back & take a nap. Well, with the two extra little people this year I wondered how things would go. Let me tell you how things went: EVERY day we went to the beach he would offer to take Kirsten & Aaron home with him when he was ready to leave. I was thrilled with his offer. He took them home, gave them showers, a snack & put them to bed for a nap. Some people might think, "What's the big deal in that?" Well, life has been very different for us since adding the little people. Every new situation for them is a new situation for us as well. Changes & adjustments have to be made, & for Lonnie it's sometimes a bigger adjustment than it is for me. I honestly didn't know if Lon would leave the kids with me while he went home & napped or if he would do the "Great Dad & Great Husband" thing. Kudos to you honey. Way to step up to the plate. You're awesome!

So thanks again to the Milams for making this my favorite year ever. The beach will never be the same without your family with us, & the memories with your boys will be some of Josh's favorites I am sure. He was one happy boy!



4 comments:

Gwenda said...

Way to go Lonnie! I love it when Dale gets some of the kids bathed and in bed!

Anonymous said...

We had a BLAST with your family! I only wish we could have spent more time on the beach...

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

cute pics momma

.... said...

how about a post mom