Saturday, July 12, 2008

why do I have to learn this way

I came across another blog today that has left such an impression on me. I read practically every post on her site. She only started it back in April of this year. A few people would blog on it each time. Then a tragedy of giant proportion occurred & now sometimes 60+ people will leave comments for her & her family. To say that God is using this unspeakable loss to maybe help some of us would be an understatement. Maybe some of our words would be of comfort to her. Stephanie hopes her loss WILL help others. God knows all & knows what each of us needs. I hope Stephanie's story will help some of you. It has kept me up for 2 hours in thought & in tears. But, if you have a child you really should look at her blog. She welcomes comments as it helps her in her time of grief. What an amazing woman. I am sure just a few months ago when she started her blog that she had NO idea that total strangers would be crying & praying over her words.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is truly amazing. I didn't have the church when I lost my babies (twins,6 1/2 mo gestation)and then they told me I probably wouldn't be able to conceive again or that if I did I might have the same thing happen again. I was in such a depression and I didn't know about the church then. And then when I did have children I knew that was Gods doing. I joined the church after 3 children. But it wasn't until I was in the nativity as Mary at the visiting center one Christmas evening holding the baby Jesus that it dawned on me that He had been there with the loss of His Son and that He had taken the burden of pain from my shoulders and made all my little miracles for a reason, that I was at peace in my heart again. Every holiday I still feel like someone is missing and there are 19 of us now. Number 20 any day now...But I know I will see them again one day and try to keep myself worthy of that. I still worry about my other children who won't come back to church and maybe one day God will send me a another miracle and touch one more of my children and bring them back too. Since my husband coming back, after over 13 years of coming alone, Matt has come back with his family. I need more faith like Stephanie. She is indeed inspiring.
Charmaine

Anonymous said...

That woman is amazing. I just don't think I'd have it in me to survive this kind of tragedy. I could hardly read her blog because I was crying so hard! HOw completely hard to know a child for over a year (she looked over a year old) and just when that personality is blooming, she's taken back home. Home, but still away.

Thanks for the link...I'll be sure to keep following her story!