Sunday, July 6, 2008

A little less than 2 weeks to go

This is the first year we've gone to the beach in July. Josh starts football this year so that changes our vacation plans. Last year as I did our countdown to the beach I showed previous years pics of our vacations. When we got home from our vacation I really never showed any pics from the vacation though because I was so overwhelmed by how many I had. My brilliant friend Maren told me at the time that I should just post them when I did my countdown to the beach this year. So that's what I'm doing. This was our last family vacation before Leah & Brent were a married couple. We took Brent with us the last two years on vacation. We have loved Brent from the get go & we were smart enough to know Leah would be more fun if he was along (sorry Leah!). Anyway, we enjoyed having him with us. He is such a sweet kid. I'm so happy that Leah chose him as her husband. I know he loves her & will take good care of her heart. I SOOOOOO look forward to going to visit them & their beach!

My parents started coming down to the beach a few years ago & we have LOVED it! It is going to leave wonderful memories for us all. I adore my parents & hope they continue to go with us. They don't stay the whole week, but I'll have them as long as they'll stay. They also bring along my step-niece (?), Samantha. Awesome kid! If her mother ever wants to get rid of her, I'll take her! She is just a joy to be around.

The girls: Lori, Mom, Angelia & Samantha















The guys: Josh, Lonnie, Brent & Brad














And of course, our friends. Last year the Milams came to the beach the same time we did. THAT was awesome! Josh LOVED it! I'm hoping they will be coming again this year. Every year we seem to have friends at the beach the same time we're there, but this was the first time that Josh had friends there as well. It was a real treat for him. Thanks guys!

4 comments:

Lucy said...

You're making me miss our trip to Florida!! Glad you had fun!

Gwenda said...

I have to chuckle at how your life revolves around sports! Did you even like sports before you met Lonnie? LOL!

Lori said...

Gwenda, I actually am completely terrible at sports & wasn't allowed to participate in them as a child. My dear dad thought sports were for boys. I was allowed to dance & have a pony :) Anyway, it was actually one of the things that attracted me to Lonnie. Every night of the week he was involved in a different sport, & was good at every single one. He took me to professional sporting events which is where I learned to love them. I still find watching them on TV to be a complete drag except for some Nascar. (woohoo Dottie) The Grofts are big sports fans & I can either leave 'em or join 'em. I choose the latter. It is a COMPLETE thrill to me to watch Josh play sports. I am soooooo happy he takes after Lonnie & not me when it comes to that.

Anonymous said...

yo momma. we miss you guys too. i cant wait till you can come see us and our beach. seriously me and brent should make a countdown