
Every day the kiddos take turns having "my day". It alleviates soooo many problems. I learned it from my mom when she did the same thing with us as children. Your day entails being Mom's helper, getting to pick the stories we read at nap & bedtime, saying the prayers for the day, setting & clearing the table at meals, picking the movie (if we watch one) & the best part of your "day" is that you do or get something special from Mom & Dad. It doesn't necessarily cost money. It can be picking out what we have for dinner or going on errands alone with one of us. Last week on one of Josh's days, we went to our favorite place while the other two were at school: Dunkin Donuts. We always get the same thing: DOUBLE CHOCOLATE DONUTS!!! We go to the drive-through (which I love) & then take our goodies home. Josh likes to microwave his donut, but I like mine just the way it is. Eat one of those babies & boy, talk about an endorphin rush. All that chocolate at one sitting is heaven. I'm sure of it. I was telling Josh why chocolate was so important. He says to me, "Mom, you already told me this. If a girl is upset, you just give her chocolate. It makes these things in your brain go so that you feel better." How hilarious!! Of all the things we try to teach our kids, he remembers that chocolate makes a girl happy. Oh my, what have I done? I don't know if this is a good thing. giggle.

Josh said, "Look mom, a chocolate mustache."
One of my girlfriends knew how much I loved chocolate & bought me this, oh so appropriate, mug. Thanks Susan! It is so me. Check out the hair on that chick. Again, so me in the morning.
2 comments:
You think you like Dunkin Donuts, wait until you have a Maple Donut! You'll wonder what you ever tasted in a Dunkin Donut that was so good! LOL! Although I have to admit, Josh's donuts looks pretty tastey!
You're teaching Josh important lessons -- how to make a girl happy!
We have "My Day" too. Kassie is every Monday, Brady Tuesday, Ashton Wednesday, Avery Thursday, Bryson Friday, Kenzie Saturday and Kaden Sunday! Hey Lori, you just need three more children!
Gwenda is right about the Maple Donuts, I got her started onthem several years ago. You will never go back...
And too cute about Josh! He will make a good hubby someday!
Post a Comment