
I'm so excited for my friend Maren to see these pictures. She loves to take pictures of nature & of all God's wonders. Every year at the beach Josh & I go on the last morning to watch the sunrise. We started it the first year he ever went. It was probably his idea knowing Josh even though he was very little at the time. He & I take a walk on the beach collecting shells, running from the waves, watching the sea gulls & their babies, & enjoying the beautiful sunrise. Some years it is more spectacular than others of course. But these pics from 2005 were breathtaking. Afterwards, Josh & I always find a donut shop & enjoy our last moments at the beach. Watching the sunrise with him is honestly one of my favorite things to do. Every year as we walk I tell Josh, "Someday Josh, you will think this is silly & won't want to go with Mommy to watch the sunrise." His reply is always the same, "Mom, I'll always do this with you." I really hope that is true.
4 comments:
Awww, those are gorgeous!!! I may have to wake up early, hike miles down the beach and join the two of you to grab my own shots of a sunrise!
Beautiful pictures Lori! I can't wait to see your blog after the trip! Have a great time!
Aw, Lori, your story brought tears to my eyes. You are making such wonderful memories with your son.
You're slowing making me fall in love with the ocean too!
Post a Comment