Thursday, June 14, 2007

Like father, like son

Josh had another baseball game this evening. His team won by one run!! Josh really loves sports just like his dad. Lonnie has been great at every sport I have ever seen him play. We went to high school together, & he was awesome then too! He's just a natural. He masters sports that are even new to him. When I met Lonnie he had just started playing golf. After a few years of playing in a league, he won the Most Improved Player in the whole league. I was so proud of him. One of Lonnie's best qualities though, is his ability to help other players. He can watch someone for just a few minutes & know what they need to do to improve. He has really been able to help his basketball players because of this. (He's a high school basketball coach.) I think it's amazing. Anytime you can help someone with anyone you are gifted. Lonnie says, "If a kid wants to play sports & has talent that's great. But more importantly, he has to have heart. If you can find a kid with both you're really lucky. Those kids will really excel." Oh my, aren't the men in my life wonderful? (giggle)


2 comments:

Dottie said...

I love it! We all knew you were an old softy Lonnie!

Gwenda said...

What a nice tribute to Lonnie with Father's Day just around the corner!